Did you know that you can target offers at people with Google Analytics? This is absolutely fascinating, but no one ever talks about it and it’s very rarely applied to websites (such a tragedy for an amazing feature).
Here’s a couple of things you can do with it:
- Give non-customers an extra incentive to buy on their first purchase
- Show extra content to subscribers of a blog
- Segment and target high value groups of visitors
- Redirect people to another page based on their segment
- No need to develop scripts that read/write cookie values
This page helps you use Google Analytics for content targeting. For more information, view my post on using GA for segmentation and content targeting.
1. Load the targeting synchronously or asynchronously
2. Target people if…
Custom variable slot number
of this string: